Collapse Losses – Commercial Insurance Claims
While a business can prepare, to some extent, for storms and floods, it is tremendously difficult to anticipate a collapse loss. Also, it can be even more difficult to foretell how your property insurance carrier is going to compensate you in the aftermath of a collapse, if at all. The definition of “collapse” in the context of an insured peril has undergone an extensive evolution in standard insurance policies, with varying applications in different jurisdictions. Many times, the meaning of collapse, and the application of coverage can be uncertain, and it takes an experienced public adjusting firm such as Goodman-Gable-Gould/Adjusters International to ensure that a policyholder receives everything that they are entitled to under their policy.
Since 1941, the GGG/AI team of experts has been expediting our clients’ financial recovery from collapse incidents.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Fully reviewing your insurance coverage;
- Determining policy compliance issues;
- Developing a claim management strategy;
- Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses;
- Formulating business interruption models;
- Assembling comprehensive claim presentations with expert reports; and
- Expediting the insurance claims entire process.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ collapse damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
Once again I want to thank you and your organization for the excellent work and advice in guiding us through our latest claim. This claim, as opposed to the various other fire or water claims over the past 30 years that we have been using GGG’s, involved a partial building collapse. When it came time for settlement discussions with our insurer, you provided valuable insight in the method and magnitude for an amicable resolution.
Joel J. Hochman
Executive Vice President at The Stephen A. Goldberg Company
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
- Adjusting Today “Insurance Coverage For Collapse: How Has It Changed and Why?”
- “Challenges of Collapse Claims”
- “How Collapse Claims Vary from State to State”
- “Who Needs Collapse Coverage?”